My name is Ben Malia and I am the Family support Worker at Kings Meadow School.
In my role, I will offer knowledge, advice and support and listen to your experiences and worries in order to promote the best outcomes for both the family and the children.
What does the family support worker do?
A family support worker can:
- Support and encourage families, parents, carers and children
- Enable parents and children to discuss any concerns or worries in a safe secure environment.
- Support families and children to access services, resources and local information.
- Promote positive behaviour and support any issues.
- Offer knowledge, guidance, encouragement and parenting support. If required I can seek alternative pathways to support you.
- Organise an initial visit once your child joins Kings Meadow.
- Support with paperwork (School applications years 6-7)
- Maintain regular contact and provide regular updates with any concerns.
Who can the family support worker help?
The family Support worker is here for every child and family currently involved with Kings Meadow School or will be joining.
- Families facing an issue or difficulty no matter how small where advice and support is required.
- Parents/Carers experiencing difficulties in managing their child’s behaviour.
- Parents/Carers whose children are not attending school regularly and need support.
- Parents/Carers who may need support on a wide range of issues impacting on family life.
How can you contact me?
I am available during school hours and can be reached via the main school phone number- 01604 673730 or on my mobile – 07731110563. If I am not available please leave a message and I will endeavour to get back to you as soon as I can.